Friday, August 20, 2010

Inception: Was It Really That Good?

Inception: Was It Really That Good?




The simple answer is yes! It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I saw it awhile ago and only recently has the idea of writing something down about it popped into this little teenage head of mine. The movie dragged you right into the head and mind of the main character Cobb (Leonardo Dicaprio). Presenting this so well leaves the watcher challenging his perception on things never before thought about in original life. Take a movie like Fight club, We are taken directly into the mind of Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) which is then an extrapolation of the mind of the narrator (Edward Norton). It is these kinds of movies in which we are shown "the light" in a different way and it's these movies I can't get enough of!


The special effects astounded me. Ranging from the mass decay of buildings being beaten by waves to the anti-gravity fight scenes that found characters leaping from roof to ground while fighting an array of projections. This complemented the storyline beautifully making every fight worth the while. I respected the fact that they didn't over use special effects to the point it detracted from the storyline, it just gave a kick to the already enthralling plot that was growing over time. For the overall use of special effects I'm going to give it a 4/5 thumbs up.


In a nutshell the movie is a must see! I know some people found the movie a bit hard to follow as it did have a relatively hard to follow plot but if you're a quick thinker and can hack the pace of movies that throw your mind into a blender. Then this movie is for you. I left the theatre in complete awe as to what had just happened. So if you're craving a bit of mind fuck. Inception should be on your list.

Cya guys. Keep dreaming

P.S chuck a comment my way, and get to following if you want more goodness from me. You know you want to, so it's over in the bar to the right. O and hope you liked this short in a nutshell movie review as I couldn't think of any other blog post topic at the moment. Cya round!

2 comments:

Andrei said... [Reply to comment]

I'm actually gonna finally see this one today. Man, I can't recall being this excited about a movie in a long time. Should be good!

miniwriter said... [Reply to comment]

@Atroxion

I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope you do too! the hype made over it definitely didn't take away from the movie (everyone I know talked up Superbad a lot and I didn't like it that much).

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails